Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dont Believe Everything You Hear.

Actually theres more to that than just hearing. My mother always said, "Believe only a quarter of what you hear, one third of what you read and half of what you see." But I think those were the days of 60 years ago. I don't think we can believe that much of what we hear, read and see today.

Recently I was reading on the Internet that Blake Farenthold was taking a tax payer paid junket with his family to Florida to watch the Space Shuttle. This was deemed inappropriate for a congressman that was championing fiscal responsibility.

This morning, I was privileged to visit with Congressman Farenthold and posed the question, "Is it appropriate for you to spend taxpayers money on a junket to Florida." His answer was direct and satisfactory.

"I am paying for that trip out of my own pocket. The only perk I am getting at taxpayers expense is a meal of cornbread and beans which is a traditional celebration of a successful mission"

Somehow I don't think that a meal of cornbread and beans is such a big price to pay to a congressman that is doing his best under trying circumstances as a Freshman Congressman in a legislature that is dominated by an opposition controlled Senate and an opposition President.

No, I don't agree with Blake on every vote. But, then, I don't agree with my wife on everything but I married her anyway and its lasted 54 years!

There are things that I hope to educate Congressman Farenthold on and perhaps there are things that he will educate me on. But lets not go after him with Internet rumors. Yes, lets ask him to explain them and if he can, then let him off the hook.

In this case he has, in my opinion, put the rumor to rest.

Jim Isbell
=================================================================
The Free Republic
=================================================================

July 3rd 2010 Speech
April 17th 2010 Speech
Trinity Base - in Defense of our Republic
Ronald Reagan was Right
American Majority
Red State
Blog Mirror of The Free Republic
My Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment