Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a diference a day makes (Nov 2nd,,,)

First the stimulus would make sure that unemployment would stay below 8% and if it didn't get passed he was sure it would reach 9%. Today he said it kept unemployment at 9.8% and if it hadn't been passed it would have been "15% or more." Looks like he runs on a sliding scale.

Guantanamo was to be closed in the first year of his presidency and now they say never.

He said he would never approve letting the Bush tax cuts extend after December 31st Now, today, he said they would go on for another 2 years. (putting them into the next presidents administration...) I love the way he says that he will "Give them the money" Just when was it his money to give, It was my impression it was mine to keep until the government wanted to confiscate it from me. The government had nothing to do with the creation of that wealth, why do they think it is theirs to distribute?

Then in almost the same breath he says that we should look at his achievements and we would see that he has kept his promises. Where? What?

Ok, Ok, Maybe I shouldnt be complaining about the results, because its what I would have wanted. But I get aggravated at the "Spin" that he puts on it. He tries to make it look like it was his idea to be beaten to a pulp and left in the ally bleeding and dirty.

But in all fairness he did manage to slip in an 800 billion "Stimulus Package" by not calling it a stimulus. He is allowing the tax cuts to go on, costing 80 billion, Hes is giving a FICA tax holiday costing another huge amount of deficit spending, And on top of that another year of unemployment checks, huge deficit.

I can tell you when I was unemployed in 1990 and I had 6 months of benefits I actually said to my wife, "I am going to get every penny before I look too hard for a job." Yes, if one had fallen in my lap I would have taken it but otherwise it was a six month paid vacation....and we did go on vacation during that period. All in all, I am not sure that the Republicans didn't get snookered in spite of what the left is screaming about. An 800 billion stimulus package that was called a "compromise."

His comments today that he would not let the Republicans hold the middle class hostage to give their rich friends a tax cut was stated in such away you would think he was the most generous person in the world, He actually implied that the Republicans didn't want the middle class to have a tax break. That was a lie and he knew it....He Lies.....

Jim Isbell
=======================================================
The Free Republic
=======================================================
July 3rd 2010 Speech
April 17th 2010 Speech
Trinity Base - in Defense of our Republic
American Majority
Red State
Blog Mirror of The Free Republic
My Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment