Monday, September 27, 2010

I Can Absorb This Attack

I got my insurance bill this morning. Its up 11%! Ok, thats not much compared to some so maybe I shouldn't complain. But, I thought the health care bill would "drop my insurance costs." Mr Obama said it would! It didn't!

I can absorb this attack on my health care. But I don't want to when I was assured by Mr Obama that he would protect me.

Mr Obama also recently stated that he would do everything in his power to protect me from another 9/11 attack. Can I trust him in this matter any more than I obviously couldn't in the mater of my health care?

Probably not, since he also said in that same interview that we could absorb another 9/11 attack. This shows that he isn't thinking of stopping the attack, but just absorbing it.

I wonder if this"absorption" discounts the victims and the relatives of the victims? Are they willing to be cannon fodder in this war on terrorism? Are they willing to be the human shield that protects Mr Obama?

This way of thinking is similar to the bank robber that grabs a customer and uses them for a human shield as they run for the door. The robber figures he can "absorb" the bank guards attack if the customer will just take the bullets. But the customer is not a willing shield!

Are we, the American population, just another human shield for the administrations war on terror? Are we a willing shield? I hope not and I hope that in November we will express that dislike of being taken hostage to be used to absorb another 9/11 attack.

Jim Isbell
==================================================
==================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment