Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Radical Christianity VS Radical Jihad

Today, for the first time, I heard our Pastor ask for blessings on our troops and for a return of our nation to a Christian nation. Whether or not I agree with his assessments, he is finally becoming political. In the past he has avoided politics altogether.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Or as it is said in Mathew in the Christian bible, "Would you say,'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"

I am constantly hearing from Christians that say, "If the moderate Muslims do not agree with the Radical Jihad, why dont they come out and say so?" I, myself, have said that in the past.

But this past week, a "Christian" (in parenthesis because I doubt that he subscribes to enough of the teachings of Jesus to warrant using the name) nut case in Florida, threatened to burn some Korans and the world went into heavy discussions on the pro and con of this act. However, I have not heard one Christian leader come out and denounce this pastor and his band of 30 miscreants. I have heard lots of middle America come out against him, but no pastors or priests have spoken up.

So how can we, as Christians, complain when the Imams of moderate Islam do not come out firmly against Jihad or Hamas when our Christian leaders do not denounce a nut case "Christian"?

Jim Isbell
===================================================
===================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment