Monday, November 29, 2010

What I Learned At The Summit

A week ago I attended a TEA Party Summit in San Antonio. I have made two posts about it since then, one of approval and one critical. I thought, in all, it was a great meeting. I think it has a long way to go in that we are NOT through. We must trudge on.

During the Summit I heard the phrase "Organized Resistance" as a description of what we are. This evening I watched "Casablanca" and thought what a wonderful country we live in that none of us will likely have to die for our country. Though many are, those of us that have stayed home to fight political battles instead of going off to Afganistan (a friend is volunteering for his third tour) will likely not be in fear of losing our lives. Our democracy allows us to use the ballot box for a revolution.

At the summit I heard about AmericanMajority.org and
RedState.com and
NewLeadersProject.com

I learned that it will likely take us 20 or more years to bring America back to its roots. And I learned that most of us are up to that fight.

I learned that Psalms 109 Verse 8 is the Obama Prayer...

I learned about Facebook pages and have set one up called Trinity Base - in Defense of our Republic I hope the guy that gave the presentation on this subject sees this so he can tell me where I screwed up. But its a start that I would not have made if not for the Summit.

I learned a lot and the really great thing, I would not have been there except that it was free.

I have heard some say they didn't think it accomplished anything. They didn't talk to me and maybe some others that had never been to anything but the rallies they themselves had organized, because they couldn't afford the expense. It was very uplifting to hear others say they had experienced the same things I had, not knowing what they were doing, afraid they would screw it up, learning as they went, and yet we were successful. We all went from neophytes to experts in 18 months. Now if we can all share our experiences in gatherings, like the SA Summit, imagine where we will be by 2012!!

My hat is off to the Lone Star group that put this Summit on. I don't know how they did it for free, but that information has to be gotten out if this it to truly be a "grassroots" movement. I dont have lots of loose cash so I try to do my bit for the movement with work and I know a lot of people are like that. So to make it something that anyone can afford is an awesome accomplishment.



Jim Isbell
=======================================================
The Free Republic
=======================================================
July 3rd 2010 Speech
April 17th 2010 Speech
Trinity Base - in Defense of our Republic
American Majority
Red State
Blog Mirror of The Free Republic
My Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment