Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whats Next For The TEA Party?

I have addressed this subject several times in the past, but my answer to the question has usually been fairly nebulous. Several days ago I suggested that the TEA Party would become the conscience of the nation to keep the two political parties in check. I have since had some more specific ideas.

Last night I was at a victory party and during the course of the party I had many conversations with people that all wondered what we could do to keep the new political winners on the straight and narrow.

Somewhere, about half way through the party, maybe it was the wine, or maybe I really had an epiphany, but the idea came to me that if these jokers went south on us, we had to replace them. BUT...we cant start a third political party because that ALWAYS hurts the one you would have voted for if there wasn't a third candidate. So what can we do?

Its up to us. Each and every one of us, to become martyrs. As much as we despise politics, we must run for office. The young, the old, and everyone in between. Each of us should pick a candidate and watch him or her. If the person in that office does a good job, we are off the hook. But if they fail then we must take it upon ourselves to run for that office the next time it comes up. Challenge the liar and make him pay.

We can run as Republican or Democrat, the party doesn't matter, the message does. If we challenge him or her in the primary and don't succeed, then we can change parties and challenge again. Again, I say, it doesn't matter which party you run with, its the conservative message that you carry that makes the difference.

I am 74 years old, but I am preparing my campaign right now. I am looking into the requirements and the costs of a campaign. I hope that I never have to use the information. I hope the politician I am watching does what he said he would do and makes me proud.

BUT if he doesn't, I will be on him like a duck on a June Bug come 2013.

Jim Isbell
===================================================
===================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment