Sunday, August 1, 2010

Glem Beck Makes Me Sick

In recent years I have asked people if they watched/listened to Glenn Beck. People I have asked have ranged from conservative to liberal (NO! I will not honor them with the label Progressive as they want to be known). I have gotten two different answers....of course, YES or NO. I never get a maybe..#8-)

The first answer I usually get is NO. So I press on and ask, "Why not?". The answer is never, "I don't have time." which I couldn't argue with. But instead it is usually, "I don't like him." I then continue to press to get details. Often the excuse is that "He yells and it hurts my ears." or "it makes me nervous". So why not turn down the volume on the TV/Radio? It seems to me that the loudness of his voice is fully under their control. But I will then ask them if someone YELLED "Fire" in a building, would that make them dislike him/her or just make them nervous? Or would it make them start looking for an exit and thank God that he yelled loud enough that they heard the warning?


It seems to me that Glenn Beck is just yelling because the message is so important!! Another answer is, guess which group this is from, "He lies about people and things." So I will press on and ask for an example, an exact quote not just a regurgitation from a liberal source. At this point they usually get very defensive and say they cant remember one, or sometimes one will actually, then, admit that they have never really listened to him.


Many people are like sheep. They only want to have a shepherd. They don't want to think about things because it makes them nervous when they realize the truth.


How do we change sheep into good citizens? Education is not the answer. I know people with a college degree that don't even vote, let alone think about it. And I see protesters on TV with signs that they cannot even spell correctly, but they are out there fighting for their ideas. Whether I agree with those ideas or not, I applaud them for getting off their collective rears and getting involved. True often it is just like sheep again, just following a shepherd and not really knowing the truth.


I have a stock challenge for most people who "don't like Glenn Beck". Come sit on the couch beside me with a cup of coffee and some snacks and watch the Glenn Beck show on Fox News every afternoon for 5 days (Monday thru Friday). Just one hour a day for 5 days. I will furnish the coffee and snacks. I want them to sit with me because I know if I am not there they will lie to me about their attendance. Then at the end of each day we will discuss what they don't like about Glenn Beck.


If I really wanted to cheat I could just say, "watch the Friday show"....thats the history lesson....much harder to find a complaint. I never get a taker.


liberals will read this and take issue with it. They will point out any spelling errors I have made. Or they will just call me a NAZI or a racist on no evidence at all. They wont really read it. They wont take my challenge. I will even relax the "sit with me part" if they will honestly do it. But they wont because it would make them nervous.


It seems that people would rather remain uneducated than become educated and "Know the Truth and the truth shall set you free." Its too hard to be set free. It takes thinking to be set free.


Jim Isbell

=====================================
=====================================

No comments:

Post a Comment