Sunday, August 1, 2010

Politics Is Like A Lawn With Weeds

Forest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates." But today as I was mowing my lawn with a weed eater I realized that "politics is like a lawn with weeds."

A few days ago I commented to someone that the TEA Party I was planning for the 16th of October (our fourth) would be the last one. My reasoning was that if the "Change that WE can believe in" takes place this November. Then there was no need for another TEA Party. And, if the change didnt happen as I hoped, then I was wasting my breath talking to them, so I might as well move to Guatemala where all I had to deal with was the Mafia, and they have only one, very understandable motive, profit.

But today as I mowed the lawn and contemplated what was happening with the weeds, I realized that you can get rid of the weeds for a few weeks and then they come back. You never get done weeding the lawn and likewise we will never be done weeding out the Liberals. It will take constant vigilance, something we have not been known for in the past. We must change our ways and begin thinking of the job as weeding the lawn, an ongoing task. The Liberals have never stopped working. They continue underground, out of sight, and then pop up when you least expect it. I never would have thought I would say this, but right now I am yearning for the good old days of Wild Bill Clinton. We must be like them and just keep weeding the lawn.

So, I am back to planning TEA Parties. The next one is the 16th of October, just two days before "Early Voting" starts. I will be there and I hope you will also.

BTW, if you missed our 3rd of July TEA Party, here is my contribution to it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyjJ3Fw0nSQ&feature=email

Jim Isbell
==============================
==============================

No comments:

Post a Comment