Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh, And Another Thing......................

Just a couple of thoughts I had today:

1) I find myself screaming at the TV when I hear the Liberals try to downplay the value of the various Conservative movements, such as the TEA Party. I get upset and yell back at the talking heads because they don't recognize the threat we are to the left.

Today I realized that I should save my breath...for two reasons. First, the talking heads don't hear me. But more importantly, I really don't want them to know the threat we are. As long as the opposition continues to ignore us, as long as they continue to underestimate us, the better our chance to wipe them out in November.

They really believe their own propaganda. They are sure we are just a few and have no power. So they don't prepare for the conflict. They don't even energize their own voters. Their voters will not be afraid of us so will not come to the polls. That puts us in the drivers seat.

Then there is this..............

2) I have watched several blogs and received many emails from Conservatives that contained information that was just not true. I think some people think that if we say. "Obama was just caught ...etc....etc....etc..." that maybe it will come true. It wont. In fact if we spout insane things, if we repeat what we have never challenged, if we make up stories, we will begin to look like a bunch of crazy extremists. How can we hope to convince someone that we are right if everything we tell them can be checked and found to be wrong. We cannot spout lies about Obama, and then in mid stream change and then say..."Now I am telling you the truth when I tell you about what we believe." It wont work.

So the next time you receive an email that you are getting ready to forward to all your email list, check it out. Don't just think, "it sure sounds good" and forward it when you know in your heart its a bunch of Bull Crap. Go to Snopes or one of the other email "myth" busters and see if it is true. OR maybe even better, when you know in your heart its just Bull Crap, DON'T FORWARD IT. It will just end up making the point for the Liberals who say we are just a bunch of extremists.

Jim Isbell
============================================
============================================

No comments:

Post a Comment