Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stupidity, Hypocrisy, or just plain Evil?

First, the Stupidity of government. I am sure all of you have at one time or another opened a new product package and found a "note" inside or on the product that specified that you should wear goggles when using the product. I once opened a box that contained a water faucet and found such a note. I guess they were worried that water might squirt into your eyes!!

Well the other day I bought a gas powered string trimmer. It came with that warning, AND a pair of goggles. In the past when I was still wearing glasses I ignored that warning because the glasses would protect my eyes, and they did so admirably. However two years ago I had cataract surgery and had both lenses replaced.

After cataracts are removed they put in a new lens. The "usual" lens is a single focus lens that restores your vision to either distance or close, NOT BOTH. Medicare will pay for the "usual" lens completely. However there is now a multi focus lens that will restore your vision to what you had as a 20 year old. Medicare will NOT pay for that lens because they consider that surgery to be like a "boob job", is the way it was explained to me. That is "stupidity". After all, my original vision was multi focus, all I am asking is to restore my original vision. Would they tell someone with an arm amputation that they could only have a hand prosthesis attached at the shoulder! Be that as it may, if you are having cataract surgery , and can afford the $3000 per eye, I highly recommend the multi focus lens!

Now back to my story of the goggles. This time because I no longer have the protection of the glasses, and because they had provided the goggles, I decided to wear the goggles. Shortly thereafter I knocked myself silly by hitting my head on a tree branch that I could not see because the goggles restricted my vision. Maybe we need a warning on the goggles that wearing them may cause a danger to the user because of restricted vision??? Stupid!!!

I could go on forever about the stupid rules that are produced by government agencies. But the best comment on that I once heard, was "A Camel is a horse built by a government agency."

Now, the hypocrisy. There is a group of people called "Birthers" that doubt the birth place location claimed by the president. I am NOT one of them. I am fairly sure he was born in Hawaii, but that is beside the point. When questioned by the "Birthers" and asked to produce a birth certificate, the administration has always refused, saying that it was not their responsibility to provide it.

Now, the president attacks the Chamber of Commerce and claims they are spending "foreign money" on political campaign support. This would be an illegal activity if it were true. However he presents no proof. And the Senior Advisor, David Axelrod, has the audacity to say this about the lack of proof. "If its not true, they could just produce their records and prove it."

Now couldn't this be said about the birth certificate? To paraphrase David Axlerod, if Obama was really born in Hawaii, "he could just produce the certificate and prove it."

Isn't this rank Hypocrisy?

No comments:

Post a Comment